You might have heard the words “immune health” in the medical and fitness world. Usually, people use this term to describe the health condition and healthy habits that help in boosting the immune system and makes it stay strong and healthy. Among the newer products that help in boosting the immune system is CBD and is now available in the form of oil. In this article, you’ll come to know here’s why CBD can boost your immune system.
It is a relatively new product, and people are not familiar with its benefits and how it works. In any case, there is still very little research on the product. Still, we have come to know that it comes with so many benefits and helps in making the immune system stronger than ever.
Overview of the Immune system
Every day, the human body gets exposed to hundreds of diseases, infections, bacteria, and viruses. All of these streams of diseases might kill a human being if there wasn’t any immune system fighting all these menaces off. The immune system is actually a jumbled mess of organs, tissues, and cells that work together to destroy everything that seems disruptive. It allows the person to stay alive and active. The major key players in the arena are white blood cells.
The endocannabinoid and Immune system
The discovery of the endocannabinoid system is still new, and scientists are still learning how things are working inside the body. With the things that the scientists have discovered, it is now a known fact that ECS helps in establishing and maintaining homeostasis or balance between the numeral systems of our body. The human body produces endocannabinoids in order to modulate or regulate cell function, including the cells in your immune system.
How CBD affects the Immune system?
As it is mentioned earlier that in the past research, it was known that CBD can help boost our immune system. Specifically stating, studies have found out that CBD has anti-inflammatory properties and its function as a form of immunomodulation and immunosuppressant. There are a lot of researchers who have discussed the immunosuppressant effect of CBD, but the researches undertook by these researchers is very complex and contains a variety of unfamiliar scientific terms. Here’s how CBD works as an immunosuppressant.
- CBD has anti-inflammatory properties and can help reduce the inflammatory response of the immune system. Inflammation is a vital and strong response that leaves infected areas and prevents toxic fluids from spreading.
- CBD helps in promoting apoptosis, which means it promotes cellular death.
- CBD can decrease proliferation, which means the rapid growth of cells.
- CBD can help regulate or suppress the secretion and functionality of cytokines. These are large groups of proteins that are secreted specifically by the immune system. The main function of cytokines is to signal the molecules that regulate the immunity of the body, their inflammation, and the white blood cell production.
- CBD can also suppress the production of chemokine that is a group of cytokines that act as a kind of chemo attractant. These lead the immune cells to the infection area so that the group of white blood cells can attack and destroy invading microbes.
- CBD can always suppress the T-cell production and function, which in result; suppress the immune system’s ability to remember the invading microbes.
Here’s how CBD can help with autoimmune diseases!
Studies have discovered that CBD is immunomodulation and immunosuppressant, and it has anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is a symptom that can contribute to and cause many autoimmune diseases. Taking CBD can help reduce the inflammation and really help in boosting the immune system. Not only can this, but people who have hyperactive immune systems that attack their own system benefit from it greatly. CBD has immunosuppressant properties that help in healing the overall immune system.
CBD is a relatively new drug, and we, as a society, need to perform more tests and conduct new research to know the intricate details about how the CBD can help in other forms. Scientists still need to build a solid bond about the relationship between the CBD and the immune system, but the new research is still promising. With the information on hand, it is known that CBD has a greater potential for being an effective form of therapy that might help with the autoimmune diseases. Although the product is beneficial for everyone, it is still advised that one must consult with their doctor before consuming CBD in any form. One must also check with their local laws that if the product is legal in their area or not.